On this page you will find some of the key outputs from the Online Learners Digital Student Study. Browse our findings below or click here to go straight to our Final report: What makes a successful online learner?
Please note that this study is still in progress and we will be adding further resources soon. Resources from other Digital Student studies are available by clicking the Resources tab.
Study overview and literature review
Online learners study: scoping and commentary (download as pdf)
Printable bibliography of Literature review (download as pdf)
Zotero Online Learner Expectations and Experiences: Library of references
#OLsuccess (Online Learner success) consultation
- #OLsuccess day 1: what do you like about learning online? | Day one round-up
- #OL success day 2: why do you learn online and how do you measure your success? | Day two round-up
- #OLsuccess day 3: What makes you a successful online learner? | Day three round-up
- #OLsuccess day 4: How do you feel about different kinds of online learning? | Day 4 round-up
- #OLsuccess day 5: What helps you succeed as an online learner? | Day5 round-up
- #OLsuccess into the weekend
Creative brief for learners to offer longer posts and mixed media stories of online learning experiences
Validation of findings and dissemination
Digital Student Experience: online learning update slides presented at EdExperts meeting June 2016
Special #LTHEchat on twitter 13th July 2016 – What do we know about the experiences of online learners?
ALT-C Conference Sept. 2016 “Creating online experiences that learners will value”
Findings and other deliverables
Final report with key points from the literature review and consultation
Special versions of the Digital Student Experience Tracker tool for online learners (HE and FE) (available internally for piloting as part of the current Jisc review of the Tracker service).