One of the key findings of our review of research into online learning is the importance of how learners feel about engaging online. Our key question today is How do you feel about different kinds of online learning? Do you feel inspired, supported, frustrated, empowered, isolated…? Some questions we will be exploring include:
- How do you feel about working online with other learners?
- Do you feel confident as an online learner? Do you have any negative feelings?
- How do you feel about working independently online, without direct contact with other people?
- What makes you feel engaged as an online learner?
- Do you prefer to feel: safe or challenged, independent or socially connected and supported…?
- Think about a time when you have really enjoyed learning online. What have you been doing? Why was it enjoyable?
- Think about a time when you have been anxious, stressed or frustrated with learning online. What have you been doing? What made it difficult?
- What do you miss from more conventional learning situations when you are learning online?
How can I get involved?
Take our ten-minute survey about your experiences of learning online
Join the discussion and share your ideas on our #olsuccess discussion forum
Tell us your online learning story. Write a blog post, make a video or animation, record a sound file, take a picture or take part in this week’s task: see our new creative brief for ideas. Don’t forget to use the #OLsuccess hashtag so we can find and storify it.
Check out this blog for daily updates, storify and more…