Our original HE study identified six challenges for institutions in supporting and enhancing students’ digital experience, extended to seven after consultation. Our FE digital student study confirmed these seven challenges and identified some additional considerations particularly pertinent to FE.
You can explore the seven challenges below. Each challenge page offers some key issues, potential solutions, institutional exemplars and further resources. Our guide Enhancing the student digital experience: a strategic approach looks at how institutions can address these challenges and develop digital environments which met students’ expectations and help them to progress to higher study and employment.
- Prepare and support students to study successfully with digital technologies
- Deliver a relevant digital curriculum
- Ensure an inclusive student experience, using technology to overcome disadvantage
- Provide a robust, flexible digital environment
- Develop coherent policies for ‘Bring Your Own’
- Engage students in dialogue about their digital experience and empower them to make changes
- Take a strategic, whole-institution approach to the digital student experience