On this page we are sharing materials developed during the consultation process, and outcomes from the consultation events. All are freely available for download and re-use.
HE Digital Student Study – key outcomes with links.
- Students expectations and experiences of the digital environment: executive summary of the original HE study
- Full report of the original HE study
- Final report from the FE Digital Student study
- Where did they get that idea from?: report into the expectations of incoming students from schools
- Final Consultation Report
Materials for download and (re)use
- ‘Listen to students’ – posters for comment and reuse.
- ‘Enhancing the digital student experience’ – cards for comment and reuse
- ‘Digital experiences in the curriculum‘ – cards for a variety of staff development activities
- ‘Postcards from the future’ – five (near) future scenarios to respond to, useful for strategic planning and staff development
- Institutional solutions for responding to student expectations of the digital environment, and for enhancing the student digital experience
- Materials from the FE Digital Student study including focus group resources.
- HE focus group – card sort materials only. See FE focus group materials for the relevant protocol.
- Interview (Dave White and Helen Beetham) from the ELESIG symposium, March 2014
- full presentation (Helen Beetham) from Jisc Learning and Teaching Experts’ meeting, May 2014
- Highlights of digital student interviews, July 2013
- 7 captioned clips from closing event, July 2014 (available soon)
- FE Digital Student Study: Learner Voice videos
Outcomes from consultation events
- The digital student experience 2020 – some insights from the HEI flyers event at Winchester, February 2014
- Responding to the 2020 challenge – outcomes from the first consultation event in London, March 2014
- Slides from the first consultation event (slideshare link) showing feedback from the two activities
- Recommendations from Digifest session, Birmingham, March 2014
- Slides from ELESIG (slideshare link) showing feedback from the activity, and link to outcomes on further research (NB this googledoc is no longer editable but comments can be added)
- Link to recording of the ALT webinar (slides were essentially the same as for ELESIG) plus feedback from the working groups:
- Slides from the HEA Wales conference
- Slides from the UCISA/AUDE/SCHOMS event with detailed outcomes from discussions and group activities
- Slides from the HeLF event with detailed outcomes from discussion
- Slides and video recording from the Glasgow event with detailed outcomes from discussions and group activities
- Slides from HEA conference with outcomes on a googledoc (amendments to the postcards)
- Slides from APT (Greenwich) conference with outcomes on a googledoc (revised set of ‘digital experiences’)
- Slides from ALT-C with outcomes of ‘what one thing?’ activity