Welcome to day 5 of #OLsuccess week
Today we want to explore what helps you succeed as an online learner, looking at what kinds of support you need or what features of a course or learning experience help you most.
Some questions we will be exploring include:
- What informal support do you have, i.e. people who help you to learn online (friends, family, people at work, other learners…?)
- Does anyone help you with the technical aspects of learning online?
- What academic support do you have for learning online (if you are studying a formal course)?
- What features of your learning environment do you like using most?
- If you had to remove/lose one thing from your online course, what could you do without? or What would you add?
We had a tweet last night from a student that highlighted the importance of support and guidance which we hope will stimulate some discussion today.
— Kiu Sum (@KiuSum) July 7, 2016
How can I get involved?
Take our ten-minute survey about your experiences of learning online
Join the discussion and share your ideas on our #olsuccess discussion forum
Have a go at our very quick poll questions
Tell us your online learning story. Write a blog post, make a video or animation, record a sound file, take a picture or take part in this week’s task: see our new creative brief for ideas. Don’t forget to use the #OLsuccess hashtag so we can find and storify it.
Check out this blog for daily updates, storify and more…