Welcome to the December digital experience insights blog
Congratulations on already gathering nearly 18,000 student and 2,000 staff responses during the Autumn term! We plan to analyse the data collected to 6th January to get early insights into what students are telling us.
1. Join us on Fri 11th Dec 13:00-14:00 to hear about Getting started and share ideas about how you engage and motivate your student and staff to complete the surveys. Hear how one University has already gathered over 4,000 students responses. We know colleges like to run the learner surveys around Safer Internet Day (opens in new window) , 11th Feb 2021 so please share your plans for launching the FE learner surveys in 2021 spring term. Email Ruth.Drysdale@jisc.ac.uk for the link.
2. If you haven’t done so already, please complete your getting started form that was emailed to institutional contacts so that you can get up and running the surveys. If you can’t find your form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (putting ‘insights surveys’ in the subject line) and we will re-send it.
3. See our guidance on 2020/21 getting started in 10 simple steps (opens in new window) which will show you how to run the surveys once or multiple times in the current academic year. Please email me if you are planning to run the surveys more than once so that we can better support you and plan our national analysis.
4. We are especially keen for you to get in touch with Ruth.Drysdale@jisc.ac.uk if you would like to run the researcher survey or interested in any collaboration around this topic.
5. Read our blog (opens in new tab) about the event held on 17th Nov for ‘a collaborative, agile, resilient, and future-focused community’. Recordings of the presentations will be available here (opens in new tab). They cover the drive to transform the digital environment and the digital capabilities of students and staff; connecting digital strategy and implementation planning with evidence-informed data on the user experience.
6. In case you haven’t read them yet, we are pleased to share our 2020 teaching staff digital experience insights survey findings.
- Teaching staff digital experience insights survey 2020: UK further education (FE) findings – this year 2,685 teaching staff from 26 further education and sixth form colleges took part in our survey
- Teaching staff digital experience insights survey 2020: UK higher education (HE) findings – this year 2,677 teaching staff from 14 universities took part in our survey
- Teaching staff digital experience insights survey 2020: question by question analysis for both further and higher education
7. If you are interested in running the 2020-21 digital experience insights surveys with your students, teaching staff, professional services staff and researchers, please get in touch with us using the contact form (opens in new window).
8. Whilst Jisc does not envisage any issues with returning data from EU after Brexit, you might want to scan our Jisc Brexit FAQ (opens in new window) page.
ALT Online Winter Conference (opens in new window) 12:10 15th Dec in the Ivy Hall, Sarah Knight and Ruth Drysdale will be presenting ‘How are teaching staff in further and higher education actually using technology?’ Registration (opens in new window) is still available.
Data Matters 26-27 January 2021 (opens in new window) Come together with experts from across the sector to discuss and debate the key data, analytics challenges and solutions as we approach an uncertain future. Sarah Knight and Ruth Drysdale (Jisc) and Laura Hollinshead (University of Derby) will be presenting Tues 27 11:15: How data is shaping students’ remote learning experiences Book now (opens in new window)