Categories
Uncategorized

Presentations and resources from the 06 November 2019 community of practice

We are pleased to be able to share the presentations, resources and outputs from the digital experience insights community of practice event kindly hosted by Staffordshire University on 06 November 2019 (opens in a new tab).

Accessibility of these resources: We want as many people as possible to be able to access these resources. We know that not all of these presentations are fully accessible and are working with our contributors to address this. If you have any difficulties with any of the resources please email the team help@jisc.ac.uk using digital insights in the subject line and we will do our best to meet your needs.

Programme for 06 November 2019 and associated resources:

• 10:30 Welcome from Ruth Drysdale (Jisc) and Simon Birkett (Staffordshire University) – download the opening PowerPoint presentation (opens in new tab) that was used throughout the day
  • 10:40 Keynote: The Connected University presented by Stella Jones-Devitt, Director of learning and teaching, Staffordshire University and Simon Birkett, Digital campus manager, Staffordshire University. View a pdf of this presentation (opens in new window)
  • 11:10 Outputs from world-cafe sessions:
    • Engaging staff and students – annotated proforma (opens in new window)
    • Using your feedback to shape the future curriculum – comments on Padlet (opens in new window)
    • Securing buy-in for cross institutional initiatives such as digital experience insights (no resources)
    • Campus 4.0 – what technologies and digital experiences will be needed to support e4.0 and the needs of i4.0? – comments on Padlet (opens in new window)
  • 12:10 PetchaKutcha sessions presented by community members: view a recording of these three presentations via the Periscope app (opens in new window)
    • Are we revolting? The impact of augmented learning environments (ALE) on our students. Speaker: Steve Bateman, senior lecture and digitise champion, Staffordshire University – view pdf of this presentation (opens in new window)
    • E-lessons from online accreditation. Speaker: Dr Keith Pond, EOCCS director, EFMD and senior teaching fellow and digital learning lead, Loughborough University – download a copy of Keith’s PowerPoint presentation (opens in new window)
    • Peer-assisted academic development in higher education. Speaker: Jasper Shotts, dean of Lincoln Academy of Learning and Teaching, University of Lincoln – view pdf of this presentation (opens in new window)
  • 13:30 Launch of Jisc 2019 digital experience insights survey report for teaching staff presented by Sarah Knight, head of change – student experience at Jisc. View PowerPoint presentation (opens in new window)
  • 14:00 Keynote: Digital v Pedagogy: does it have to be a Monsters v Aliens scenario for higher education? Presented by Professor Stella Jones-Devitt – director of learning and teaching, Staffordshire University. View a pdf of this presentation (opens in new window)
  • 14:45 Community-led parallel workshop sessions
    • Student voice: how student-staff partnerships and ambassadorial schemes contribute to the evolution of the digital experience and environment (no resources)
    • Where does the data flow? How and where data analytics contributes to multiple aspects of the overall digital experience. Session led by Sue Cordell from Bishop Grosseteste University. View a pdf of Sue’s presentation and see the Padlet outcomes (links open in new windows)
    • Jisc toolkit for arriving students. This session was led by Clare Killen from Jisc and was an opportunity to contribute to a new resource due to be published in Spring 2020.  Download a copy of the presentation for the session and explore draft versions of the toolkit for further education and for higher education (links open in new windows)

Our next digital experience insights community of practice event will be on 21 May 2020 and will be kindly hosted by the University of Northampton. Further details will be released on our community of practice web page (opens in new window) in the new year.

By Clare Killen

Senior consultant, Jisc data analytics