“An interesting, informative, and practically focused event”
Our first joint building digital capability and digital experience insights community of practice was originally due to be a face-to-face event kindly hosted by the University of Northampton at their Waterside Campus. Unfortunately, that was not to be, but Rob Howe, head of learning technology at the University of Northampton worked with us to build an engaging and relevant online programme (opens in new window) for the day.
Moving the event online meant that we had a record number of people register for the event and also reached a broader diversity of roles.
Sharing effective practice
(all presentations available from our event page (opens in new window))
Sharing effective practice is at the heart of the community of practice and we were treated to seven different perspectives covering organisational, staff and student perspectives:
- Keynote: Raising the quality curve at the University of Northampton from Professor Ale Armellini (dean of learning and teaching) and Rob Howe (head of learning technology)
- Digital learning – building staff digital capabilities from Ciara Duffy, centre manager at South West College Centre for Excellence
- Using staff and student technology enhanced learning (TEL) narratives to inform change from Rod Cullen, senior lecturer in learning and teaching technologies at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Preparing for the ‘new normal’ from Gordon Duffy-McGhie, director – teaching, learning and student development at Middlesbrough College
- Introduction and implementation of a digital capabilities framework from Ruth Cameron, digital capabilities project officer (library) from the University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Introducing students to Digital Capabilities Online from students and staff from the University of Surrey
- How we prepare our students for the world of work from Louise Gotch, project manager, and Susan Odev, head of employability and skills at Canterbury Christ Church University
Read the full blog (opens in new window) for further details, service updates and information on future events.